本站原创 | 2018-03-29 | 浏览次数： 1,440 views
Dr. Liu graduated from the University of Georgia with a Ph.D. in Early Childhood Education in 2017.
Her research interest incudes cross-cultural studies in early childhood education and child development, video-based research, qualitative research methodology, and social theories.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCES |
Dr. Liu’ s current research is focused on the enculturation of children’ s bodies in preschooling and video-cued ethnography and video-based microanalysis. She is also interested in connecting social theories to qual- itative research.
CONFERENCE PAPERS |
- Liu, C. (2017). The bodily life of preschools in China and the United States. Paper presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting of American Educa- tional Research Association, St. Antonio, TX, USA.
- Liu, C. (2015). Cultivating the collective body: Group exercise in contem- porary Chinese preschools. Paper presented at the 59th Annual Confer- ence of the Comparative and International Education Society, Washing D.C., USA.
- Liu, C. (2013). Biopolitical preschools in China. Paper presented at the 112th annual meeting of American Anthropological Association, Chicago, IL, USA.
REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS |
- Liu, C., & Tobin, J. (2016). Neo-Socialist Education (Hansen’s Educating the Chinese Individual: Life in a Rural Chinese Boarding School). Current Anthropology, 57(2), 245–246.
- X, S., & Liu, C. (2016). Connecting learning with interaction: A review of empirical studies on classroom discourse in the United States. Research in Educational Development, (24), 45–54.
- Liu,C., & Tobin, J. (In press). Group exercise in Chinese preschools in an era of child-centered pedagogy. Comparative Education Review.