Jiajun Guo earned his PhD at the University of Connecticut, with a concentration on Cognition, Instruction, and Learning Technology. His research interests include creative thinking, gifted
children, autism, and Chinese international students in US high schools.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCES |
Current projects: 1) The inﬂuence of only-child policy and boy preference culture on creative thinking; and 2) The psychological well-being and its contributing factors of Chinese interna-
tional students in US high schools.
CONFERENCE PAPERS |
- Guo, J. (2017, August). “An Exploratory Study of the Relationships between Technology Use and Creativity.” Research presented at the annual convention of the American Psychology Association, Washing- ton, DC.
- Guo, J. (2017, August). “The Development of An Online Divergent Think- ing Test.” Research presented at the annual convention of the American Psychology Association, Washington, DC.
- Guo, J. (2015, August). “The Development of Technology-Enabled Creativity Self-efﬁcacy Survey (TECSS).” Research presented at the annual convention of the American Psychology Association, Toronto, On, Canada.
- Guo, J. & Woulﬁn, S. (2015, April). “21st-Century Creativity: How the P21 Frameworks Reﬂect the Four Principles of Creativity.” Paper presented at the annual conference of the American Educational Research Associ- ation, Chicago, IL.
REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS |
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles
- Guo, J. & Woulﬁn, S. (2016). 21st Century Creativity: An Investigation of How the P21 Instructional Frameworks Reﬂect the Principles of Creativi- ty. Roeper Review, 38, 153-161
- Guo, J., Gonzales, R., & Dilley, A. E. (2016). Creativity and Leadership in Organizations: A Literature Review. Creativity. Theories – Research – Applications, 3, 127-151.
- Yi, X., Plucker, J. A., & Guo, J. (2015). Modeling inﬂuences on divergent thinking and artistic creativity. Thinking Skills and Creativity, 16, 62-68.
- Guo, J. (2011). A Review of the Research on Autistic Children’s Ability in Pretend Play. Chinese Journal of Special Education, 132, 53-57
Book Chapters and Submitted Articles
- Plucker, J. A. & Guo, J. (2018). Creativity: Deﬁnitions, Interventions, and Assessments. In J. L., Roberts, T. F., Inman, & J. H. Robins (Eds.), Introduction to Gifted Education (pp. 299-320). Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Plucker, J. A., Guo, J., & Dilley, A. (2018). Research-Guided Programs and Strategies for Nurturing Creativity. In S. Pfeiffer (Ed.), APA Handbook of Giftedness and Talent (pp. 387-397). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Plucker, J. A., McWilliams, J., & Guo, J. (2017). Smart Contexts for 21st Century Talent Development: Sociocultural Approach to Gifted Educa- tion. In J. A. Plucker, A. N. Rinn, & M. C. Makel (Eds.), From Giftedness to Gifted Education: Reﬂecting Theory in Practice (pp. 227-248). Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Guo, J. (under review). A Comparison of Paper-and-pencil and Online Versions of Divergent Thinking Tests. Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativ- ity, and the Arts.
- Guo, J. (under review). Creativity, Technology, and Technology-enabled Visual Content Creation: An Exploratory Study of Their Relationships. Computers in Human Behavior.