Dr. A.Y.M. Atiquil Islam got a multidimensional PhD degree in 2015 by combining two faculties, namely, Education and Computer Science & Information Technology under the Institute
of Graduate Studies, University of Malaya.
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND EXPERIENCES |
Dr. A.Y.M. Atiquil Islam was working with Dr. Chin Hai Leng (University of Malaya) on two cross-cultural projects for last three years in Malaysia (The Relationship between Implicit Theo-
ries of Intelligence, Epistemological Beliefs and Teaching Practices of Science Teachers in Malaysia and Korea, and Investigating Factors Associated to Epistemological Beliefs and Metacog-
nition in Science of Secondary School Students in Malaysia and Philippines). He was also a Principal Investigator of a project (Development and Validation of the Technology Adoption and
Gratiﬁcation (TAG) Model to Assess Lecturers’ ICT Usage: An Empirical Study).
His main research for the doctoral program is: Development and Validation of the Technology Adoption and Gratiﬁcation (TAG) Model in Assessing Lecturers’ ICT Use.
His present research interests are in the areas of ICT in Education, Quantitative Modeling, IT Assessment, Educational Research, Information System,Human Computer Interaction, Digital
Library Sciences, Mobile Learning, e-Commerce, New Social Media Analysis, Assessment in Higher Education, Quality in Higher Education and Tourism.
CONFERENCE PAPERS |
1. Islam, A.Y.M.A. (2018). Systematic Research Approach of Model Devel- opment and Validation in Higher Education. Paper accepted to the Technology-Enhanced Assessment
2. Islam, A.Y.M.A., & Mok, M.M.C. (2018). Investigating Chinese Lecturers’ Technology Gratiﬁcation Using Rasch Analysis. Paper accepted to the Technology-Enhanced Assessment
3. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Mok, M.M.C., & Xiuxiu, Q. (2017). Validation of the Technology Satisfaction Scale for Chinese and Malaysian Students in Higher Education Using Rasch Measurement.
Paper accepted at the WERA Focal Meeting & HKERA International Conference.
4. Alaliani, R.A.M., Islam, A.Y.M.A., Alalyani, A.S.M., & Aziz, N.A. (2017). Modeling of Revisit Intention: An Empirical Study on Tourists’ Electronic Word of Mouth, Destination Image
and Perceived Risk. Paper presented at the International Conference on Business and Information Manage- ment (ICBIM).
5. Alalyani,A.S.M,IsIam, A.Y.M.A., Alalyani, R.A.M., & Aziz, N.A. (2017). Shopping Enviroment: A Preliminary Investigation of Gulf Tourists’ Emotion, Shopping Intention and Word of
Mouth Intention. Paper presented at the International Conference on Business and Information Management (ICBIM).
6. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Mok, M.M.C., Xiuxiu, Q., & Danyu, T. (2016). Exploring the Underlying Factors of ICT Use in Higher Education. Paper presented at the Paciﬁc Rim Objective Mea-
surement Symposium (PROMS).
7. Islam, A.Y.M.A., & Xiuxiu, Q. (2016). A Rasch Analysis of the “Online Database Adoption and Satisfaction Scale”. Paper presented at the Paciﬁc Rim Objective Measurement Symposium
8. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Xiuxiu, Q., & Leng, C.H. (2015). Factors Inﬂuencing Students’ Satisfaction in Using Wireless Internet in Higher Education. Paper presented at the Paciﬁc Rim Objective
Measurement Symposium (PROMS).
9. AL-Sinawi, S., & Islam, A.Y.M.A. (2015). Validation of the Employees’ Service Performance Scale Using Rasch Model. Paper presented at the Paciﬁc Rim Objective Measurement Sym-
REPRESENTATIVE PUBLICATIONS |
1. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Mok, M.M., Xiuxiu, Q., & Leng, C.H. (Accepted). Factors inﬂuencing students’ satisfaction in using wireless internet in higher education: Cross-validation of TSM. The Electronic Library.
2. Leng, C.H., Nor, M.M., Abedalaziz, N., Orleans, A.V., & Islam, A.Y.M.A. (Accepted). Teaching practices of Malaysian science teachers Role of epistemic beliefs and implicit intelligence. Malaysian Online Journal of Educational Sciences.
3. Islam, A.Y.M.A. (2016). Development and validation of the technology adoption and gratiﬁcation (TAG) model in higher education: A cross-cultural study between Malaysia and China. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction, 12(3), 78-105.
4. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Leng, C.H., & Singh, D. (2015). Efﬁcacy of the technology satisfaction model (TSM): An empirical study. International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction, 11(2), 45-60.
1. Islam, A.Y.M.A., Mok, M.M., Gu, X., Spector, J.M., & Leng, C.H. (Submitted). ICT in Higher Education: An Exploration of Practices in West & East Malaysian Universities. Educational Technology Research and Development.
2. Islam, A.Y.M.A., & Sheikh, A. (Submitted). A study of the determinants of postgraduate students’ satisfaction in using online research databases. College & Research Libraries.