Lecturer of School of Open Learning and Education
Learning Science And Technology Design, Teacher Learning And Professional Development, Adaptability Development, Curriculum And Instructional Design
1. Guangtao Xu, Yinglian Jin, Mei Wang (2015). Toward justice: Culture, language, and heritage in education research and praxis：A review of 2015 AERA Annual Meeting. Distance Education Journal, 5, 3-13.
2. Mei Wang (2015). Developing adaptive expertise: New goal for teacher learning and professional development. Shanghai Education, 9B: 72-73.
3. Tainian Zheng, Jian Zhao, Mei Wang, Xinning Pei, Youqun Ren (2014). Learning sciences and educational innovation: Overview and prospects of 2014 International Convention on Science of Learning. Educational Research, 9, 150-159.
4. Mei Wang, Xiaoxiao Sui. (2014). New digital divide: The new challenge of promoting educational equity with ICT. Modern Distance Education Research, 4, 99-105.
5. Youqun Ren, Mei Wang, Huaihao Zhang, Xin Li (2014). Something Old, Something New——Interview with Professor J. Michael Spector as Editor-in-chief of Handbook of Educational Technology and Communication (4th), China Educational Technology, 3, 1-6.
6. Mei Wang, Guangtao Xu, Youqun Ren (2014). Promoting Equity in Education Through ICT: A Double Edged Sword? Global Education, 43(2), 39-48.
7. Youqun Ren, Guangtao Xu, Mei Wang (2013). Promoting Qualified Educational Resource Sharing with ICT: From the Perspective of Systems Science. Open Education Research, 19(5), 104-111.
8. Mei Wang (2013). The development of Situated Education. People’s Education, 8, 15-16.
9. Mei Wang, Youqun Ren (2013). From Instructional design to Learning Environments Desigh: Instruction Reform from the Perspective of Learning Sciences. Shanghai Education, 6A, 60-63.
10. Tainian Zheng, Mei Wang, Lijia Lin, Jianbing Wen (2013). Teaching Methods in China: Status and Their Effects on Students’Mathematics Achievement and Problem Solving Ability. Global Education, 42(2), 34-44.
11. Mei Wang(2013). Learning sciences, technological design, and science education: Scaffolding coherent science understanding with technology. Global Education, 42(1), 70-79.
12. Yaofeng Xue, Zhiting Zhu, Hanjun Chen, Liyang Lu, Mei Wang (2013). The Survey on the Status of Digital Experiment Teaching in Shanghai Secondary Schools. China Educational Technology, 1, 88-93.
13. Youqun Ren, Xiangdong Yang, Mei Wang, Jian Zhao, Weiguo Pang, Lijia Lin (2012). Research on Achievement and Its Influential Factors among Secondary Students in Five Capital Cities in China. Educational Research, 11, 36-43.
14. Xinning Pei & Mei Wang (2011). Curriculum for children’s learning: School of situated -education in China and Li Ji-lin’s situated-curriculum. Educational Research, 11, 89-94.
15. Mei Wang (2011). Using video research to facilitate teacher learning and professional development. Distance Education Journal, 6, 66-72.
16. Mei Wang (2011). An empirical study on characteristics of teachers’ adaptive expertise in an authentic teaching problem solving situation. China Educational Technology, 10, 24-32.
17. Mei Wang & Hengshuang Liu (2011). Book Review on Introduction of Educational Neuroscience. Educational development Research, 18, 78-79.
18. Jing Li, Mei Wang, & Youqun Ren (2011). Unlocking knowledge, empowering minds: An interview with Stephen Carson. Open Educational Research, 17(4), 4-11.
19. Mei Wang & Youqun Ren (2011). Methodology, practice, and theory: Rethinking on the discipline development of educational technology in China. China Educational Technology, 4, 1-7.
20. Mei Wang (2010). From routine expertise to adaptive expertise: Rethinking the value of knowledge and the learning goals from the perspective of the knowledge-based society. Distance Education Journal, 6, 62-69.
21. Zheng Tainian & Mei Wang (2010). Learning and curriculum in the information age. Distance Education Journal, 3, 75-79.
22. Ren Youqun, Bao Xianqing, Mei Wang, & Zhang Haiyan (2009). Research advances in educational technology area：Perspective from 2009 AERA annual meeting. Distance Education Journal, 5, 1-13.
23. Mei Wang & Ren Youqun (2009). Mentoring New Science Teachers Online for Student Success: An Overview on eMSS Program. Distance Education Journal, 1, 55-59.
24. Mei Wang (2009). Assessment Design of AP Program Implemented in U.S. High School: the Implication to the Reform of China College Entrance. Elementary Educational Exploration and Innovation, 3(4), 17-20.
25. Mei Wang (2008). Implications of Conceptual Change Research for Learning Environments Design. Curriculum, Teaching Material & Method, 12, 27-32.
26. Mei Wang (2008). Online Teacher Professional Development (oTPD): A New Issue to Teacher Education. Teacher Education Research, 20(6), 12-16.
27. Mei Wang, He Mei & Bao Xianqing (2008). A Cognitive-Psychological Perspective on Multimedia Learning. Journal of Yangzhou University (Higher Education Study Edition), 12(4), 82-86.
Peer-reviewed Conference Papers:
1. Mei Wang, Jiaming Cheng, Hyojin Kim, Xiaozhe Yang, Jian Zhao, Youqun Ren. (2016). How Teachers Seek and Learn from Negative Feedback, Poster accepted at 2016 International Conference of Learning Sciences (ICLS2016 conference). June 20-24, Singapore.
2. Xianqing Bao, Xinning Pei, Youqun Ren, Jian Zhao, Mei Wang, Tainian Zheng, (2014). Making Learning Happen: The Effect of Parents’ Guide and Kids Worksheet on Family’s Conversations and Behaviors in Museum. Paper Presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 3-7.
3. Tainian Zheng, Mei Wang, & Lijia Lin. (2012). Characteristics of Classroom Teaching Methods in China and Their Effects on Students’ Mathematical Achievements and Problem Solving Abilities, Paper Presented at the 2012 Annual Meeting of American Educational Research Association, Vancouver, CA. April 13-16.
1. ‘The Construction and Comparative Research of Chinese Paradigm of Situated Learning’ (PI, 2017-2020), funded by National Office of for Educational Sciences Planning
2. ‘New Digital Divide and Education Equity Research’ (PI, 2014-2015), funded by Shanghai Social Sciences Association
3. ‘Students’ Self-concept Change and Science Learning Research’ (PI, 2013-2015), funded by ECNU
4. ‘Teacher Learning for the Knowledge-Based Society: Facilitate the Development of Adaptive Expertise’ (2009-2010), funded by PhD Program Scholarship Fund of ECNU.